This is the bibliography section explaining various terminologies used in the field of SEO (search engine optimization) or related. If you wish to see any particular section related to services or projects of PlaceOnTop.com kindly choose from the top menu or visit the home page and navigate from there.
Conversion Rate Optimization- CRO
Conversion Rate Optimization is the scientific study, analysis and then implimentation of various optimization methods of the various website elements like design, development, credibility etc on the website plus off page elements too, to increase the rate of conversion of all the unique visitors coming to your website to the number of visitors doing finally what you want them to do or the motive of your website.
After a user lands on your website, how many times does he buy your product or service determines the conversion rate. A Conversion Ratio is the ratio of the users visiting your website who finally do what you want them to do on your website or what your website is intended for TO the total number of unique visitors visiting your website. And to optimize a website or a webpage to increase the conversion rate is conversion rate optimization or CRO.
Say for example if you built up a website for selling a phone. You do web designing and SEO and various other things throw traffic on it. Eventually there are 1000 unique vistors to your website per month. Out of the 1000 unique visitors there are only 10 people who buy a phone from you or throw a genuine query to you. Then the CR of your website is 1% per month.
And by CRO and its various techniques you can increase the CR.
CRO plays an important part in online promotions as the ultimate fruit of the SEO is the conversion of the leads on the website. SEO is the transfering of user from the search engine ranking pages of a SEO website and CRO is to finaly convert that user landing on the website to give a final conversion for the purpose of website.
Though there are many factors to increase the CRO and every factor could make a difference done effectively with precision. A few of them mentioned briefly are :
- Simplicity: A simple phenomenon for increasing CRO is to make your website as simple and self explainatory as possible. For the fact if your website is a complex one, the user has more chances of getting confused or get diverted from the main reason of your website. Simplicity could be further attained from a proper web design layout which is not to hosh posh and shows your product or service simply through less text and numbers on it. People love to see more of pictures and less of numbers.
- Avoid extra applications/ add ons or advertisements on your website that drive the attention of the user elsewhere that come on your website unless advertisements is the real motive of your website. Pops ups are outdated today and idealy should be complete avoided. If you still wish the website to have come advertisements, keep it to the positions and amounts where they get attention when the customer has made up his mind to not to go for your main purpose of website.
- Relevence: Landing up the user of your website on the correct or most relevant page through SEO is very important. If a user lands up on your website from a SERP (Search Engine ranking pages) for what we searched for and does not get what he is looking for, he is bound to leave in no time leading to decrease in conversion rate. Your site should be optimized for the most relavant matter. For the matter what he is searching for you. Moreover if you are selling chololates for example, try making the user land up on the most precise page he is looking for. So he gets what he came for and not necessarily the homepage everytime. If the customer looks for a 'silk skirt', and you have thousand items on your website and the home page sums up all, the customer might as well not find that page relevant and get frustrated and leave. So land him on to a page that has silk skirts.
- Geographically targetted SEO: Say for example you are making a website for a service to cater specifically in Delhi, it is better that you SEO your website for that area more to get more relevant audiance of that region.
- Credibility: Even if the site is relavant and does not have a credibility, the user does not buy if he thinks he will not get what you are actually showing him. Thus Credibility plays a great role in conversion ration optimization. There are many you can increase the creditibility of your website like adding a phone number and address to make you more authentic and also add certificates from certifying agencies of your field like SSL certificate or the ISO certificate and similar and more. Ask a CRO company to help you on that.
- Ease of use: All set, the site is relavant and the website has credebility too and the customer also is now interested to buy, but keeps searching for the exact item he is looking for or finds the item and you take him to too many places before the checkout, the customer can get frustrated and leaves your website leading to a decrease in CRO. Keep it simple and easy, not confusing. It is a truth, we donot like much calculation, not too many numbers, so try to keep it simple with numbers and the figures to whatever are necessary, should be shown in the shortest and least number of ways.
- Error free drive: All is done, but one of places where some websites fail is the checkout process, either they take the customer through many steps or fill out too many forms where he loses interest or the complete checkout to payment gateway process fails out and you loose the customer just at the end. Hence double check the whole process.
- Driving excellence: From the beginning to the end it is the design and development route you take the customer which is very important in order to make a quick conversion of your click to a final lead. Many design factors help you on that like using a contrasting button with background for the one which is the most important and so on.
The work of the SEO company finishes once the user lands up on your website, the CRO work starts from there on.